Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Seesaw Game
Auspicious Evenings Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2018 2:11 am by Abby

» Drop The Graffiti Kid
Auspicious Evenings Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 8:56 pm by Khloe

» Fool Me Once
Auspicious Evenings Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 10:14 pm by Dishonored

» Put The Knife Down
Auspicious Evenings Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 10:09 pm by Caesar

» Steel Teeth
Auspicious Evenings Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 8:29 am by Dingo

» Selene Woodson
Auspicious Evenings Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 7:59 pm by Dingo

» Ryder Lional Carlton
Auspicious Evenings Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 7:40 pm by Dingo

» Autumn Hall/ Henry "Hannibal" Ratcliffe
Auspicious Evenings Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 2:42 pm by Auttie

» Stone Cold Concrete
Auspicious Evenings Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 1:28 pm by Auttie

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 52 on Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:29 pm
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Auspicious Evenings

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ghost of the Forum

Ghost of the Forum

Auspicious Evenings Empty
PostSubject: Auspicious Evenings   Auspicious Evenings Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 9:05 pm

Ryder stood at the back of the large brick building swaying lightly. It was New Years Eve and that meant the military's annual party. Since most men worked in the military in the city, much of the city usually attended. Including Ryder who had to bribe the bouncers at the door since she had no ties to the military. Every year was more and more extravagant. The building housed a bar in the back corner and a stage front and center that held the night's disc jockey and a couple strobe lights that were aimed directly at a plywood dance floor. Strands of twinkling lights of all colors were string all around the inside of the make-shift club. Only a couple people had shown up so far and were dispersed between the bar and some tables that were set up around the dance floor. Ryder looked up at a television screen that they had managed to hang high above the stage with the official countdown until midnight. There were still a couple hours to go, so she sat down at the bar to wait.
Back to top Go down
Caesar
Admin
Caesar

PostSubject: Re: Auspicious Evenings   Auspicious Evenings Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 9:59 pm

Miles had found himself alone as usual on the holiday's. It barely came as a surprise to him anymore only because the friends around him had grown in maturity with their families. Though he had given up that dream when he willingly let Summer go to Bladen. He regretted it but he knew it wasn't his call. She had already began a family with him and they soon after had gotten married anyhow. It was time to get his head out of the past and start looking forward to the future. Deciding to try and lift his spirit he walked over to a woman who seemed a tad bit familiar. "You look familiar."
Back to top Go down
http://www.bloodofthenightworld.com
Ghost of the Forum

Ghost of the Forum

PostSubject: Re: Auspicious Evenings   Auspicious Evenings Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 10:16 pm

Ryder looked up as she was addressed, pulling herself out of her awe-stricken state. Noticing a man in front of her she extended her hand in greeting. She couldn't quite say if she remembered him or not, but just went along with it. "It's a small city, I've probably seen you around," she replied with a genuine smile, "I'm Ryder." She beckoned him with her free hand to the char adjacent to her at a table. "You are?"
Back to top Go down
Caesar
Admin
Caesar

PostSubject: Re: Auspicious Evenings   Auspicious Evenings Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 10:20 pm

Miles took a seat beside her and chuckled after shaking her hand. "I'm Miles." He pointed out. "Sorry if I took you out from your dream state I know how great those can be." He laughed a bit. "Are you alone? He asked.
Back to top Go down
Ghost of the Forum

Ghost of the Forum

PostSubject: Re: Auspicious Evenings   Auspicious Evenings Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 10:27 pm

"Nice to meet you again," Ryder replied and leaned back in her seat, smoothing the ruffles of her party dress. "I wasn't day dreaming, I was just admiring what they've done with the place," she said and chuckled, "especially for just one night." She shrugged and looked around the building at his question. "I guess I am."
Back to top Go down
Caesar
Admin
Caesar

PostSubject: Re: Auspicious Evenings   Auspicious Evenings Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 11:29 pm

Miles tilted his head back to take in the scenery. It was a great sight to see for the New Year. "It's great." He responded. "Don't worry about it I got your back, I'm here with you." He chuckled and gazed over at the tv. "I only wish I had my friends about now." He shrugged. "But it's alright."
Back to top Go down
Ghost of the Forum

Ghost of the Forum

PostSubject: Re: Auspicious Evenings   Auspicious Evenings Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 11:38 pm

Ryder shrugged and followed his gaze to the television. She shrugged and leaned forward to rest her cheek against her hand. "I completely understand," she replied and looked over at the bar. "Do you want something to drink?" She offered and stood up.
Back to top Go down
Caesar
Admin
Caesar

PostSubject: Re: Auspicious Evenings   Auspicious Evenings Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 12:10 am

Miles followed her gaze over to the bar before responding. "I don't drink." He responded with a slight chuckle. "It alters your senses and makes you look like a fool. Considering the only reason I lost my virginity was because she was drunk? Sad isn't it with my being twenty eight years old." He pointed out.
Back to top Go down
Ghost of the Forum

Ghost of the Forum

PostSubject: Re: Auspicious Evenings   Auspicious Evenings Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 12:21 am

"Aren't you quite the goody two-shoes?" Ryder teased and walked over to the bar. She returned after a couple minutes with a martini in tow. Sitting back down at the table, she shrugged, "Could have been worse. You could still be a virgin. She took a sip from the small glass and looked over at Miles, "Are you sure you don't want to let loose a little but? It's a party."
Back to top Go down
Caesar
Admin
Caesar

PostSubject: Re: Auspicious Evenings   Auspicious Evenings Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 1:19 am

"Trust me I'd rather be a virgin." Miles responded then looked at her martini. One wouldn't hurt. "Yeah Ill go get one." He said and walked over to the bar ordering one only to return a few minutes later. "And you?" He asked. "You're a virgin?" He chuckled.
Back to top Go down
Ghost of the Forum

Ghost of the Forum

PostSubject: Re: Auspicious Evenings   Auspicious Evenings Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 1:27 am

"Yep," Ryder replied honestly and finished off her drink. She slid it to the side and looked back up at the clock. "I'm not in a rush to lose it, either."
Back to top Go down
Caesar
Admin
Caesar

PostSubject: Re: Auspicious Evenings   Auspicious Evenings Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 2:29 am

Miles looked over at the tv as the count down began dn gradually went along with it. "Ten...nine...eight..."
Back to top Go down
Ghost of the Forum

Ghost of the Forum

PostSubject: Re: Auspicious Evenings   Auspicious Evenings Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 2:39 am

Ryder held her gaze on the screen, counting down in her head as the seconds passed. She tapped her fingers against the table rhythmically, anxiously waiting for the final seconds before the celebrating really began.
Back to top Go down
Caesar
Admin
Caesar

PostSubject: Re: Auspicious Evenings   Auspicious Evenings Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 2:42 am

As the final few seconds went down Miles grinned and jumped out his seat. "Happy new year!" He said excitedly and turned to Ryder then leaned in to kiss her suddenly and winked. "I know most girls want that."
Back to top Go down
Ghost of the Forum

Ghost of the Forum

PostSubject: Re: Auspicious Evenings   Auspicious Evenings Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 2:48 am

Once the countdown had finished, Ryder rose from her seat. "Happy New Year!" She cheered along with the rest of the congregation of voices in the room. Looking to Miles, she grinned and kissed him gently then pulled away and went back to celebrating.
Back to top Go down
Caesar
Admin
Caesar

PostSubject: Re: Auspicious Evenings   Auspicious Evenings Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 6:03 am

Miles looked at her with a brightness in his eyes then raised both arms and continued to cheer. Already this girl and him could start a great friendship. He was pretty psyched for it now.
Back to top Go down
Ghost of the Forum

Ghost of the Forum

PostSubject: Re: Auspicious Evenings   Auspicious Evenings Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 11:44 am

Ryder smirked and took their glasses back over to the bar and got them refilled, only to return back to the table. She extended the glass to him, unsure if he would take it. "Cheers," she said and lifted her glass up.
Back to top Go down
Caesar
Admin
Caesar

PostSubject: Re: Auspicious Evenings   Auspicious Evenings Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 4:03 pm

Miles took the glass and immediately lifted up against hers and nodded with a grin. "Cheers!" He said and sipped it down. "Were all another year older today."
Back to top Go down
Ghost of the Forum

Ghost of the Forum

PostSubject: Re: Auspicious Evenings   Auspicious Evenings Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 4:10 pm

Ryder nodded and took a sip from her glass. She sat back down in a chair and looked around curiously.
Back to top Go down
Caesar
Admin
Caesar

PostSubject: Re: Auspicious Evenings   Auspicious Evenings Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 5:38 pm

Miles sat beside her and chuckled. "I love nights like this."
Back to top Go down
Ghost of the Forum

Ghost of the Forum

PostSubject: Re: Auspicious Evenings   Auspicious Evenings Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 5:57 pm

"Me too," Ryder agreed and finished off her drink. "It gives us something to look forward to every year."
Back to top Go down
Caesar
Admin
Caesar

PostSubject: Re: Auspicious Evenings   Auspicious Evenings Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 6:05 pm

Miles chuckled and got up. "Do you want me to walk you home?"
Back to top Go down
Ghost of the Forum

Ghost of the Forum

PostSubject: Re: Auspicious Evenings   Auspicious Evenings Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 6:09 pm

Ryder stood up and shrugged. "You can if you want, but I really don't live that far from here."
Back to top Go down
Caesar
Admin
Caesar

PostSubject: Re: Auspicious Evenings   Auspicious Evenings Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 6:26 pm

"That's alright I don't mind." Miles responded. "You're cool."
Back to top Go down
Ghost of the Forum

Ghost of the Forum

PostSubject: Re: Auspicious Evenings   Auspicious Evenings Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 6:32 pm

"Alright then," Ryder said and began toward the door. She walked outside and began down the side walk, only stopping to check if Miles was following.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Auspicious Evenings   Auspicious Evenings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Auspicious Evenings
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Dead Topics-
Jump to: